Thursday, January 19, 2012

PINK!

Today we remember those making a journey many of us pray we'll never have to make! We celebrate those that have passed through the valley and are on their way to the mountain top. We celebrate those that are no longer with us. I'm talking about breast cancer patients and survivors. Hi...Tracey here.

It's the 19th of the month and that means it's THINK PINK here at FOX19.

I don't know what it's like to hear the words, "you have breast cancer." I've come as close as I hope I ever will. Just a short time ago, I spent much of my time driving one of my best friends, a single mom, back and forth to chemo, trying to convince her 2 daughters that she was going to be okay as she could barely lift her head from her pillow. I am thrilled to share with you that her journey has her making her way up the mountain side to the mountain top :)

Every month, we here at FOX19 hear the stories of the most courageous women and a few men too, that I'll ever meet in my lifetime. The 19th of every month, we commit to raising awareness for the 1 in 8 women that will be diagnosed with breast cancer. We call this day, THINK PINK! We wear pink. We tell you about events in the community that help the cause. We shed tears along with those that are making the journey and with those whose loved ones did not. We'd love for you to join us in the fight. Won't you help the close to 300 thousand that will be diagnosed this year? Won't you commit to making sure your girlfriend gets her yearly mammogram? We invite you to visit the special section on our website we call THINK PINK. Share your breast cancer stories and events with me. traceyjohnson@fox19.com and together.....WE'LL THINK PINK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment