Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My REVIEW of Disney Live! Three Classic Fairy Tales!




Happy Wednesday. Dan Wells writing, and I hope your day is off to a good start.

This past Sunday afternoon was a day spent with Disney Princesses. I had the pleasure of taking my family to see Disney Live! Three Classic Fairy Tales at US Bank Arena. This was the first live theater experience for my daughters, and let me tell you, it was a great introduction to live entertainment.

The show started at 12:00pm and kept a good pace, especially for two young kids who tend to get distracted (my girls are two and four years old).

Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy greeted the audience and then began to tell the story of "Snow White". The set was close, magical (in that Disney sort of way) and the pace was perfect. A word of warning for next time, the Evil Queen in the Snow White story can be frightening for young kids who may not be familiar with the story. (my girls almost cried) However, all those fears went away when the goofy seven dwarves took the stage and the girls pulled their faces out of my jacket!

"Cinderella" was the next Fairly Tale. My girls loved Cinderella (that's they're favorite story) and what's nice about this story was a well placed intermission in the middle of the story.

Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" was the last princess featured. The costumes for the Beauty and the Beast were big, sparkly, beautiful, and the music was fun as well.

The grand finale featured all three couples in their wedding garb (I think this is what my girls imagine their wedding will be) and then everyone was joined by Mickey Mouse and friends.

The entire show was about an hour and a half long and was the perfect length. In closing, if you get the chance to attend the next Disney Live! event....go for it, you won't want to miss it when one comes close again!

Cheers,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment