Thursday, January 5, 2012

We Bought A Zoo



Growing up in a family with five kids, going to the movies was quite a treat. It is the same for my family today. It's not cheap for a family of six to catch a movie, popcorn, candy and a hot dog of course. It's what I look forward to the most!



Tracey here.
Monday was a special day for our family. We decided to go to the movie. We were celebrating Genevieve's 7th birthday. Before taking in a movie, we always check a particular website. It is www.pluggedin.org.
You choose the movie and it gives you everything you want to know from the positives to the negatives....right down to the number of profanities, sex scenes etc. It lays it all out.
We were sure we were going to see the movie, " We bought a Zoo." It is rated PG and the story line seemed to be one we'd all enjoy. After visiting this particular website, I was both appalled and saddened to see the profanity in the movie. Many of you may think, "what's the big deal?" The bottom line, I don't choose and will not sit with my little one only to hear language that I don't think is appropriate for her at her age. Does she hear it elsewhere? I hope not, but, probably. I just don't want to send the message that I think it's okay. Am I boycotting the movie? Absolutely not. I actually think it looks like a great movie. I love that it tells the story of a wonderful marriage and deals with real life issues like the pain of losing your soul mate and how to cope and help your kids with the loss of a parent. Bottom line here....I just want to offer you a resource that I find helpful as a parent.


So, I'll probably just have to wait until it comes out on video. Unfortunately, I won't have any of that yummy theatre popcorn to go along with my movie. But, I could make a hot dog in my microwave!:)
Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment