Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding



Good Morning, and happy Thursday! Katy here, back from Virginia over this past weekend! I was happy to a part of my best friend’s wedding. It was more beautiful than I could have imagined. She decided to have it on a farm, overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains, just outside of Charlottesville, Virginia. The ceremony was beautiful with the mountains in the backdrop, as they recited their vows. What was especially sweet was the fact that Kristen and Loren were married on their 11 year dating anniversary!! The reception was equally as beautiful, with stringed lights hanging from the top of the barn, and a country-chic theme throughout the venue. After the party, the wedding party and close friends of the bride and groom all camped out! It was one of the most unique weddings I’ve ever been to!
On the way home, Tom and I drove through Shenandoah National Park on Skyline Drive. If you’ve never been through this part of the country, I highly recommend it, it’s beautiful! We did some hiking along a trail that followed a 70ft waterfall, and boy did I get a work out! Overall, it was a great stop on the trip, and well worth it. We saw a black bear about 30 feet into the woods from where we were standing! Cars were pulling over on the side of the road to get out and take pictures of the bear that was looking for food in a dead tree. It reminded me of Yellowstone National Park, where everyone would get out of the car to take pictures of moose.
It was a great mini-vacation before the wedding!! Kristen’s wedding was the last before ours in October, so I’m back into full out wedding-planning mode! Charge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment