Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My First REAL Concert In 20 Years.




I went to the Lil Wayne concert over the weekend. What??!!


Yeah, I did. Hey everyone. Rob here.


The last real crazy concert I went to was in the early 90's I think. It was Bell Biv Devoe, Johnny Gill and maybe Keith Sweat. I have been to a Goo Goo Dolls concert. That was a pretty laid back show. I also went to Steely Dan at PNC Pavilion at Riverbend. That was even more laid back. Don't get me wrong both concerts were a lot of fun. However, the Lil Wayne concert I suspected will be anything but laid back.





I was asked to go to the concert by some friends less than a week before the show. To which I replied, "NO!" Why you ask. I'm kind of claustrophobic. Not in terms of space, but definitely in terms of crowds. I knew the concert would be crowded. After much convincing, I decided I would go. We had great seats in row G. As the concert started up, you could feel it. It was so loud that it shook your shirt. When Lil Wayne hit the stage, I stood up and never sat back down. He's great live. I don't have much to compare it to, but this was the best concert I have ever attended. I could not have been more into the show. I felt like a kid again. Although, not too much. I still left the concert early, so I could beat the traffic.






No comments:

Post a Comment