Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Saturday Mornings at Findlay Market


I spend many Saturday mornings at Findlay Market.


No better way to start my day.


Hello everyone. Rob here.



I Findlay Market especially in the summer. There are a ton of people walking around smiling eating drinking coffee. It's a much different experience than going to the grocery store. At the market, you linger, you look, you actually enjoy the crowds. When I'm at the grocery store, getting out is job one.


My trainer has me on a very strict diet for the next six weeks.

Last Saturday, I was on the hunt for boneless, skinless chicken breast. Let me make something clear: I HATE BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST. However, I felt like the expert vendors at Findlay Market could help. First I went to Busch's Country Corner specializing in fresh Amish Poultry. The butcher cleaned and split the breast for me. Then I walked to the other side of the market to Col. De. Stewart. He specializes in spices. I walked up to him and told him about my feelings toward skinless boneless chicken breast and begged for his help.


He gave me his cowgirl rub which has made the chicken better. It doesn't taste like rib eye, but I can do this for six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment