Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Boys of Summer

The roar of the crowd was deafening as Sean Marshall took the mound in the top of the 9th. The Reds were up 6-5. All he had to do was keep the Astros from scoring.
That, he did, and the Reds win the game and the series at Great American Ball Park!

Hi, it's Sheila. One of my favorite things about living in Cincinnati? Seeing my Reds win! Watching Jay Bruce and Joey Votto homer made the recent game I attended with Ric that much more exciting. Love seeing those fireworks fly out of the tall stacks!












Tonight, my little slugger has his first baseball game of the season (if the field's not too wet!). Our son Eric is playing in a local coach pitch league. He tried tee-ball last year, and truth be told, the tee just messed him up! Ric and I have been pitching to him since he could first hold a bat, so we decided to let him give coach pitch a try this spring.

It cracks me up to see little guys and girls put on a huge batting helmet and head into the batter's box.
It's even funnier when the kids run to the wrong base or throw the ball to the wrong player. But that's how they learn, right? Eric has a strong little swing, and a pretty straight throw (when he pays attention to where he's throwing!), but another Bruce or Votto? Probably not. Still, I am sure Ric and I will be standing up and cheering just as loudly for him as we did for the big league guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment