Friday, May 4, 2012

Toilet Paper Gowns ?

Stephanie Here... Happy Friday! As many of you ladies know…it’s bridal season! Like me, I’m sure many of you have your spring and summer schedules jam-packed with nuptials. For some, it can be a bit of a burden.
Not me. I have a confession…I love weddings. The cake, the dancing, the dress! And nothing tickles me more than seeing one of my best friends walk down the aisle. This June my cousin and best friend, Amy, will become Mrs. Stephen Piccirelli. What makes me so happy is that Steve makes Amy happy. The wedding is going to be beautiful, romantic, and yes…very Italian J
But first comes the shower! The bridesmaids threw the party, and because my sister and I are the Maids of Honor, we had it at our parents’ house in Hockessin, Delaware. Not only was it a beautiful day and a prettier shower, but it was so nice to spend time with my friends and family.
But the best part: the toilet paper gown competition. This was my sister Caroline’s idea…break the ladies up into teams and challenge them to make a bridal dress out of toilet paper and tape…alone! I was on a team with Caroline, my aunt Marla, and my Nonna. I have to say, I think Caroline’s trumpet-style one-shoulder gown was DIVINE…but in the end the prize went to the mother of the groom. Smart girl, my cousin.
Enjoy the sunshine this weekend!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment