Thursday, May 17, 2012

That's Why I'm Here!

As a working mom, I don't have much time to read. It is very rare for me to pick up a book...much less finish it.
But, this particular book I could not put down.
Hi....Tracey Johnson here. Hope this finds you well.

Recently, we celebrated one year with THINK PINK and our commitment to Susan G. Komen here at FOX19. The women and men I've met with breast cancer over the past year have changed my life...truly! When I find myself in the deepest valley, I am quickly reminded of the journeys these breast cancer patients and survivors are making each day and I say to myself..."Life could be much worse."

Growing up in a family with three older brothers here in Ohio, we watched a whole lot of football. I knew of Chris Spielman, at least I recognized him.

When I heard of his wife's battle with cancer and heard he had written a book, I thought...."Wow, do you think maybe he would come and be a part of THINK PINK and share his story?" Whether he accepted or not, it was one book I was going to find time to read.

I could hardly put it down. One page led to another....one inspiring story after another.
Many times, I had to set it aside because I couldn't see through the tears.

I can't even imagine their journey, but, have learned so much from their story and their day to day courage and strength they found in their faith.

CHRIS SPIELMAN accepted!!!!! He will be joining me for THINK PINK, TOMORROW, FRIDAY, MAY 18TH.

You have to read his book about football and breast cancer, THAT'S WHY I'M HERE. It will touch you deeply.

I hope you can join me on FRIDAY on the XTRA for THINK PINK!
Until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment