Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Good morning! Sheila, Tracey & Katy here.


We thought, since it's Memorial Day, we would share our thoughts on what this uniquely American holiday means to us.


Sheila: When I was a little girl, my mother would take me and my brother to Sidney Ohio's Memorial Day parade every year. I can still remember being near Graceland Cemetary, watching as a wreath was thrown into the Great Miami River. Later, I would march in that parade as part of the Sidney High Marching Band. But it wasn't until adulthood that I fully understood the meaning of our parade. My father-in-law, A.W. Robinson, II was a veteran, and now I've lived through 2 wars. There are no words to express how thankful I am to the men and who serve and who have died to keep me and my children free.



Tracey: Growing up in a family where my great grandfather and uncle served, Memorial Day was and is always spent giving thanks to those that fight for the freedom that we enjoy on a daily basis. I grew up hearing amazing stories of dedication and survival…how families longed for their loved ones that were away fighting for our country.
To see men and women in uniform is very emotional for me. I don’t think we can thank them enough for their service! THANK YOU!



Katy: My Dad, brother, brother-in-law and sister in-law, grandpas, an aunt, and an Uncle all have served in branches of the military, and I’m thankful for all of them!. I’m thankful for my time living in the Navy family, because I feel it’s given me a huge respect for the men, women and children who continue to sacrifice their family time for all of us. Thank you to all our veterans and active military servicemen and women!


(Pictured here are Katy & her dad, dancing at her wedding)

No comments:

Post a Comment