Friday, June 24, 2011

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

Good Friday Morning - Dan Wells writing, I hope this note finds you well and in good spirits! In my blog this morning, I want to take you back about a week.

Last Thursday night, my family entered unchartered waters. It was my oldest daughter's FIRST dance recital!

Let me set "the stage," (pun intended) as I watched my 3 year old cross the Notre Dame Academy stage in-full costume, ballet shoes and a huge smile, I couldn't help but think how fast time goes.

My daughter stood perfectly in her 3 feet of awesomeness with the rest of her little friends. No slumped shoulders, no tentative steps, no question that she was first on her own priority list. It made me proud, happy and even a little sad that my little girl was growing up “literally” before my eyes!

Her "number" was to the song "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" she was the epitome of "Cinderella" in her costume, my wife did her make-up and she looked beautiful. The performance itself was perfect, or as perfect as 3 and 4 year olds (who realize they're on-stage in front of a few hundred people) get! The girls paid attention to their dance leaders, smiled at teary eyed parents and wowed a crowd of young and old alike.

And if you wouldn't have already guessed, as she was literally having a ball up there. She is not allowed to be this old. I know I keep saying it, but I hope the more I say it, maybe time will somehow start to slow down. As I watched her up on that stage, all I did was stare at her sweet little innocent face and think, 'she is still supposed to be an 8 month old little baby!' But there she was dancing away.

As the curtain closed on the three minute ballet performance, I couldn’t stop thinking about how many things I KNEW my daughter learned…and was walking off the stage with.

In addition to her dance skills, she learned self-confidence, respect, listening skills, how to make friends, and MOST importantly how to believe in yourself! It was honestly a night that seemed magical.

With that said…

To my darling daughter: THANK YOU for giving me a memory that will last a lifetime.

To MJM Studios in Burlington, Kentucky: Your well-trained staff teaches kids to have fun, walk tall and not be afraid to fall, you inspire the youngest of students to always continue learning with an open and positive mind. THANK YOU!

Have a great weekend
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment