Monday, June 27, 2011

First Bed and Breakfast


Good Morning, Marzullo Here...Hope all is well my friends! I had a few days off to kick and relax as I turned 32 years old and one of the ways I relaxed was taking a quick trip up to the state capitol in Columbus. We went up on Friday night and our accomodations were a first for me, as it was my first time staying in a bed and breakfast. However, this was not your traditional bed and breakfast with old furniture, quilts, and a sweet grandmother welcoming you in. We stayed at the German Village Guest House in the heart of Columbus's German Village neighborhood. The hip and modern decor and feel of the home made you feel like you had the entire place to yourself. The guest house was voted best of the city back in 2010 and has racked up several awards. When you arrive there is no front desk you type in a code and enter and the home is yours. With three guest rooms you may run into another couple or two but the serenity is perfect for a weekend trip. In fact we met a very nice couple named Alex and Sandy and I learned that Sandy is a children's book author who just wrote her first book called The Adventures of Foxy. The backyard consists of a awesome patio with covered seating areas and outdoor fireplace which is perfect for a late night glass of wine. If you want to try something different I would highly recommened this little gem in Columbus. Plus you have the wonderful resturants, coffee shops, and one of a kind stores in German Village to brouse and take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment