Thursday, June 30, 2011

Why I Love The 4th Of July

Happy Thursday! Katy here… and I’m getting excited for the 4th of July weekend! Even though I love Christmas and Thanksgiving… the 4th is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I’ve always been a very patriotic person, which is probably why it’s one of my favorite holidays. I’m sure it has a lot to do with growing up a Navy brat and attending fly ins at the hangers when our dad would come home from cruising. There were always a bunch of American flags, decorations and a live band at those events. We would stand waiting for the airplanes to fly overhead, and then land on the tarmac, while all the kids would wave little American flags. Running out to hug our dad from returning overseas was always a special moment for our family.
So with Independence Day upon us, I’m getting geared up for a weekend with friends and family, grilling out to celebrate America. I’m not going lie, one of my favorite things to do on the 4th is to blast the 1812 Overture throughout my house, so if you hear it coming out the windows of a house, you know it’s me… ha. But of course, at night, it’s grilling and fireworks that I look forward to the most. And desert! What would be a 4th of July celebrations without apple pie? I think I’m going to make my famous apple pie this weekend… yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment