Monday, June 6, 2011

Farmers Market Sunday and Mr. Benson's Pool

Summer in the city! If you thought it was hot this weekend, you would be correct. We hit 93 degrees on Saturday and that is the HOTTEST day we have had so far. It was so hot I had to open the Mr. Benson swim club up. I picked up a plastic swimming pool for my dog Mr. Benson and his buddy Mr. Otis. They enjoyed it for about 5 minutes and then they were done. Earlier in the day however I started a new Sunday morning tradition. If you are looking for something fun and relaxing to do on a Sunday morning this summer, then you have to check out the Hyde Park Farmers Market. Marzullo Here! I felt as if I stepped back in time, when you would ride your horse and buggy into town to pick up your fruits and veggies. Every Sunday the square in Hyde Park shuts down from 10 to 1:30pm for LIVE music and vendors from all over the Tri-State set up shop. You can find everything from fresh veggies, herbs, cheese, freshly baked bread, and also ready to eat items. On a hot hazy Sunday morning the GELATO was a perfect breakfast. You can also bring your dog along with your baskets and bags to stock up on everything you need from local farmers who specialize in organic goods as well. I can't wait until mid-summer when local fresh corn and beans start to arrive, nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment