Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Big Bargains on Designer Duds

I am a shop-a-holic.
Sheila here. I have a very hard time passing up a chance to shop for clothes. Lately, I've been pretty good, but I think I'm going to have to feed my addiction this weekend at the Cincinnati Boutique Sale.

If you've never been, you've got to check it out. Twice a year, Cincy Chic and the Lindner Center of Hope bring together high end local shops -- these are not chains or department stores -- which offer some spectacular, one of a kind clothing for women and even kids. I went to the boutique sale this spring, and I found some fantastic deals. I snatched up some accessories along with a Nicole Miller dress which originally sold for more than 300 dollars at Bella Donna in Glendale. I picked it up for around 74 dollars!!! Of course, I also had to buy something for my shopping partner, my daughter Katie, and I even got a couple of cute things for my little boy.

19 local boutiques like Alligator Purse, Fetish, Silly Bean, and Soho mark down their merchandise and allow shoppers to browse in one location. This time it's in the old Linens 'N Things space at Sycamore Plaza, across from the Kenwood Towne Center.

I'm sure you love saving money just like I do, but the really great thing about the sale is that it benefits the Lindner Center of Hope. The Lindner Center of hope is a comprehensive mental health care facility providing advanced diagnostic and treatment services for patients and the families living with mental illness. Your donation will help pay for counseling and treatment for men and women right here in our hometowns. Thursday evening from 6 until 9, you can get a look at the fashions on sale before everyone else if you're willing to donate 25 dollars. The sale is also open this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with a five-dollar admission.

You can find out more about the Lindner Center of Hope by logging onto http://www.lindnercenterofhope.org/
And you can find ticket information and the list of the 19 boutiques involved in this weekend's sale at http://www.cincinnatiboutiquesale.com/

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment