Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm Frank Marzullo And Now The News...

It's a Monday morning, it is 3:30am and I am at work. No big surprise, ( or maybe it is ) but it is not what I am used to. Usually I am looking at surfaces maps, checking out the Storm Tracker Doppler, and doing live radio weather hits. However, this morning it is Frank Marzullo anchorman!!

That is right I am getting a shot at anchoring the news along with Sheila Gray from 5:30 to 9am. Now the plan is for me to continue in for Rob through Wednesday, that is if I do not get a sweating attack and start talking jibberish. Now, being in front of the camera is nothing new for me, but this is somewhat different. I mean at 3:15am a town car picked me up at my house, I had the newspaper on the back seat, I had coffee, and a english muffin waiting for me. ( Oh wait that part is not true it's not 1985 anymore )


So, When I do the weather it is all of the top of my head and it is not scripted, so when you flub up or stumble you can naturally correct yourself. However, a lot more goes into anchoring, especially making sure you scripts are factually correct and that you properly pronounce your words. Plus, when you anchor you work more closely with a team of producers who have been working all night on the show, so the last 2 hours I have been looking over scripts and adding some Frank touches to what I say. It was kinda of funny to see my name in the anchor intro this morning, producer Carl and I had a chuckle. While I am doing something different and have to adapt, I still want to be Frank and be myself, I do not want to become or play the role of ANCHOR ACTOR.


So I am trying to be witty and creative with this mornings blog post, but to be frank with you, I am a little nervous for the first time in a long time. I know after the first hour I will be fine, but still it's exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. So tune in and let's see how this goes my friends...by the way Pat Barry is talking about a much more comfortable day.

1 comment:

  1. Frank, I think you did a great job in the anchor chair.

    ReplyDelete