Friday, July 9, 2010

Congratulations, Votto!


Good Friday morning! Sara Celi, here.


I have to admit, I'm pretty much a huge Reds fan right now. I feel a little giddy inside when I think about how well they are doing in the NL Central at this moment. Yeah, they lost last their last, but they're still in the lead by three games! They're still in first place! Go Reds!


For me, this is a little personal.


My dad passed away when I was a kid, and he LOVED the Reds. He loved baseball. Every year, he'd look forward to opening day like it was Christmas, and he'd go to almost every game he could. He was there when they won the World Series. He was there when they had a bad season.

For me, whenever I watch the Reds, I think of him. It's a good memory for me, so this season has let me revisit how much I enjoyed going to games with him as a kid.


So Go Reds! Keep it up! And I'm glad you made it, Votto!

No comments:

Post a Comment