Friday, April 2, 2010

How Things Have Changed!


I walked down Vine Street yesterday and it's incredible how things have changed.

Hey, Rob here. When I first moved to town, the Garfield Suites Hotel was my home for a few months. My room was one of the ones with the red balcony overlooking Garfield Park. Room service and takeout from Le Boxx Cafe got old after about a month. I wanted to cook, so I asked the front desk for the location of the closest grocery store. They said the Kroger on Vine Street in Over-the-Rhine. It was years ago, but the walk was a little rough.



These days that same area is a vibrant exciting neighborhood. There are new great condos and lofts all over. There's all kinds of unique shops like Park + Vine. There's also a beauty and barbershop called Incredible Creations.
Of course there are great restaurants. Lavomatic is a great one, but this relatively new one looks interesting.

My friends and I stopped Senate during Bockfest. We didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food. However, with its doors open and sun shining, it looks like a perfect place to catch a meal.











No comments:

Post a Comment