Monday, May 3, 2010

Derby Eve


Hi friends, Meghan here.

I didn't get to go to the Kentucky Derby but I did the next best thing. Thanks to my friends Jim Murphy and Kathy Myers I went down on Friday night for all the fun.

What an experience! I had a ball seeing the celebs like Ruben Studdard from American Idol and Avatar actor Joel Moore (he is not the other guy in the pix - that was a friend of ours..Andy). We hung out at Jeff Ruby's Louisville Restaurant and walked through 4th Street Live (it was packed).

Then Saturday I watched the race from Turfway Park. There was a lot of people enjoying the race from inside - it would have been a rainy and muddy day at Churchill Downs. The Naked Karate Girls played and had a best hat contest.

I picked horse 14 - as you know - I was a loser! But I'd BET a lot of you were too:) If not Congrats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment