Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer Reading Fun

I love reading. Maybe that's why I became a news anchor, but there are few things I love more than a really good book.

Sheila here. It's time to start making your summer reading plans, and that means getting your kids involved. The Hamilton County Public Library was just named one of the Top 10 libraries in the U.S.A., and is promoting its summer reading programs.

There's no cheaper entertainment for summer vacation, and kids and adults alike can earn prizes for their reading achievements. Preschoolers and kids can win three different toys and a book. Teens can win a lanyard, a flash drive, and a book. Adults can win a gift certificate good toward buying books. The library is also offering grand prizes which include a Razor scooter and a camcorder.

You can also take the whole family to kickoff parties which begin on May 29th. You can find out more or sign up online for summer reading at www.CincinnatiLibrary.org/summerread

Don't feel left out if you live in Northern Kentucky. I love my library branch in Erlanger, and Kenton County also has fun summer reading prizes and programs for kids and adults. There's a pizza party planned for June 5th, and a Race to Read 5K Walk & Run on June 12th. You can find out about all of the great programs, including summer reading in Kenton County libraries at

Good books are like friends to me. They entertain me, take me to places I've never been, and even make me laugh or cry. I hope, like me, you're instilling that love of books in your kids because it paves the way to so many great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment