Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Weekend Of Food !

Frank Marzullo Here...
How was your weekend? Do you anything fun or exciting? I apologize for the late blog entry I was just to tired yesterday morning to write, or should I say to full! I feel as if I ate all weekend long especially on Saturday as I spent my morning and early afternoon at Findlay Market, a true gem of our city. ( In case you could not tell from this picture I was at Findlay Market, yes Rob this is another picture of myself, feel free to make comments!! ) A tad cheesy??

Everyday is a great day to head to the market but I have to say the best is on the weekends, with the farmers market, street entertainers, and people from all walks of life spending time with each other. After I ate my ham, egg, and gruyere cheese crepe I then stepped out to hear a group of young kids get there jam on. They were from Loveland and it was awesome to hear there talents and see there enthusiasm to perform for market shoppers. After I listened to the kids I spent 30mins wine tasting at Market Wines, great conversation with neighbors from all over the city and trying some new vino! I wrapped up my visit with some gelato at DoJo, you must try the sea salt, mixed with the nutella gelato, so good! Everyone in the Tri-State should make it a point to visit the market this summer at some point, especially before a BBQ anything you want to throw on the grill is there and fresh.

Also, Bravo to the Cincinnati Ballet and there performance of the Sammy Project this weekend! Wow, it was amazing the music of Sammy Davis Jr. and high energy dance. I was very impressed to see the large crowd for the show on Saturday night. You should make plans to check them out next season it's a true treat!
By The Way: With my busy weekend, I felt bad Mr. Benson was in the apartment most of Saturday, so on Sunday afternoon I drove out to the dog park near Lunken for the first time. It was a great time I really recommend you bring your dogs there to run and play, they have areas for large dogs and small dogs. The only draw back it was a tad muddy after all of last weeks rain, so he needs a bath now. Benson, met new friends Gizmo, Sandy, and Max all had a great time running! He slept all night by the way he was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment