Monday, March 22, 2010

Bracket Bizarro







Hi, it's Sheila. I've never claimed to know much about basketball. Truth be told, I NEVER watch the NBA, but I get into hoops when March Madness rolls around every spring. This year has been a virtual slamdunk smorgasboard for fans around here with Kentucky, Xavier, Ohio State, Louisville, and Ohio University in the Big Dance.
I love to see our local teams advance, and like other Ohio U. alums, I was thrilled to see the Bobcats shock Georgetown in the first round of the NCAA tournament. They hadn't won in the Big Dance since the 1980's before I went to school in Athens.

Everybody expects the U.K. Wildcats to make it all the way, and more than a few people taking part in the Fox 19 bracket contest have Kentucky winning the National Championship game. That was a tough choice with Kansas looking so strong, and I first thought I had heard incorrectly when the sports announcers said on Saturday night that Kansas had been knocked off by Northern Iowa. What a stunner!


So my brackets are pretty ugly now. Every year I do one for the office pool, and if I ever do well in the contest, it's by sheer accident.
Since I was born and bred an Ohio State Buckeyes fan, I'll keep cheering for the Scarlet and Gray, but I'm excited to see Xavier in the Sweet 16 too.
I think it's fun to have more than one team winning games in March. So I'll keep on cheering for OSU, XU, and UK.
A relative of mine says I should just pick a team for heaven's sake! Well, you see which team got the biggest play here in the 'blog....


No comments:

Post a Comment