Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Go Slow!!




I used to hate the beach. I know sounds crazy. Maybe hate is too strong of a word. I would prefer not to vacation there. I would rather go skiing, hiking or to Vegas.

Hey everyone. It's Rob. I decided to write about the beach. Maybe because it's been so cold. Maybe because Frank is headed to the beach tomorrow, or because Sheila's been trying to convince me to head to the beach for years. Maybe. But probably because these are some of the few pictures I have saved to my phone.
I first traveled to Caye Caulker, Belize three years ago with some friends. It took a lot of convincing to get me to go. This would be my first beach vacation as an adult. Sitting around on a beach didn't interest me, or so I thought.

I attacked this vacation like do all others. Upon arrival I said, "What are we doing first. Where are we going. What do we hit to get this started?" My friends all told me to slow down. Relax. They quoted the island's slogan "Go Slow."


It didn't take me long to get on board. I discovered the benefits sitting on the beach, lying around in a hammock, doing very little.

Usually when I get home from vacation, I'm tired. After this vacation, I was completely relaxed. I still like to ski, hike and run out-of-town marathons. Now though I discovered the benefits of a beach. For that thank you Caye Caulker.















1 comment: