Thursday, March 25, 2010

Not Mr. Clean, Mrs.

Good morning, Sara Celi here.

I have to laugh at myself lately. I've never worn the title of neat freak, I've never been the type to obsess about having everything in it's place. My type of clean is usually moderate, with most everything organized, but not to an extreme level.

That's why my recent behaviour has made me laugh at myself a little. I've caught the spring cleaning bug, and the home repair one too.

Yesterday, I met up with the handyman who does repairs to my condo complex. After three years of living in the 2 bedroom place, Tony is about to get a tall order from me. Together, he and I are going to spend the next four months or so transforming it. We're starting with shelving in the garage. By Saturday, he says I'll be able to stack, straighten, and store to my heart's desire.

That shelving is critical. Once I have it, I'm promising myself (and you) that I'll get into the condo and really get rid of the things I don't need. That should be interesting.

The plan is to follow all that with an interior makeover. I've only done some moderate upgrades to the condo since I got there. Honestly, the place needs work. I'm not talking about extravagance, but the mission is to make this place look more up to date. The kitchen needs a overall, with a new floor and appliances. The washer/dryer has seen better days, and so has the dining room.

It's time.

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, now I know who to call when I need shelving put in!

    ReplyDelete