Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do they do that?


Hi, it's Sheila.
Last night my husband Ric and I watched the newest Broadway in Cincinnati show, Alfred Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps."
All I could think after watching the stars was how do they do that?
There are about 150 roles in the play, and two energetic actors take on most of those roles! Eric Hissom and Scott Parkinson have long acting resumes. The two of them play everything from the main character's maid, to a rural farmer in Scotland, to a newspaper boy. They must have had to learn dozens of accents, and they are funny. The kind of physical funny you would see in a Monty Python episode.
How do they do it? I'll ask them today when I interview them for a segment we're airing Friday, March 5 at 8:15 a.m. on the Fox 19 Morning News. "The 39 Steps" plays at the Aronoff Center downtown through March 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment