Monday, March 1, 2010

Shepard Fairey at CAC


Checked out the CAC last week and decided that would be the subject of today's blog.


Hey everyone. Rob here.

I didn't know much about Shepard Fairey's work before last Thursday. I was familiar with the image he created of President Obama with the word "Hope." He's much more than that.

My knowledge of art is minimal. I took an art appreciation class in college. I didn't do that well. It was at 8:10 in the morning. I knew I needed help maneuvering through the exhibit. So I turned to meteorologist Frank Marzullo. Not for his help, but help from his brother Nick, an artist and art dealer living in Chicago. Nick was able to explain us how Fairey went from a street artist to an artist who creates pieces that call for social change.




Fairey has also put up seven murals in and around Cincinnati to generate interest in his exhibit. He will be back in May to put up more murals and will DJ at the CAC's fundraising street party on May 22. The exhibit runs through August 22nd. Check it out.




BTW, I tried to take a picture of Frank's brother for this entry, but got the feeling he would refuse. He's unlike Frank who has never met a camera he didn't like.























No comments:

Post a Comment