Monday, March 8, 2010

Friday Fish Fry

Communal eating is usually not my thing.
Good Monday morning. Rob here. I'm pretty claustrophobic so large crowds can freak me out.
This time year every Friday, there's always a large crowd gathered at Newport Elks lodge on Alexandria Pike in Cold Spring. The Enquirer once voted this fish fry the 9th best in the area based on food service, atmosphere and menu variety. The long lines I saw Friday night supported that ranking.

Along with the fish, you could have your choice of fries, onion rings, or mac and cheese. I picked the onion rings. Big mistake! Don't get me wrong, the onion rings were good. So were the fries, but the mac and cheese was fantastic. Whether you observe lent, check out one of the many Friday night fish fries across the tri-state. Its a great way end the work week. Also the fish was delicious.




2 comments:

  1. I am cracking up! Communal eating is usually not my thing either.

    You should head to the St. Joseph Academy fish fry this Friday in Walton. I will be working and can pretty much guarantee you will love it - well, aside from the communal eating part.

    I did not know about this blog until I saw Fox19Sara post this on Twitter. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! It's a new blog, tell all your friends about it!

    ReplyDelete