Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update on the Spring Cleaning

Good morning, Sara Celi here.

The shelves in the garage are up, and they look great. It meant that this weekend, I started the task of cleaning out my second closet.

That's when I realized something.

For better or worse, most of us are carting around junk we don't need. As I pulled out box after box, I started laughing harder and harder. Why do I need old, empty boxes? Why was I still hanging onto old papers, or a microwave I didn't use?

The answer is probably harder than I want to explore. I remember when I moved into the place, I had extra boxes and stuff I knew I couldn't use. But for some reason, I didn't want to part with all of it. I wanted to save it. I felt like I might need the microwave, or use the old boxes, or need to reference the papers.

I haven't.

Instead of filling up the shelves with the junk, I just tossed it. A lot of it. I carted stuff down to the dumpster and left it behind for good.

You know what? It feels great.

The only thing I didn't toss is the microwave. That went in a pile for donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment