Monday, March 22, 2010

Yeah It's Monday

Good Morning Frank Here,
So this mornings weather, rain showers, and cooler air does not make Mondays any better! Arggg! I think we are all in the same boat on Mondays, usually takes us a extra cup of coffee or two. In fact Mondays are awful for me because it is so hard to fall asleep at 8pm on Sundays for the 3am wake up call, last night I laid in bed and was bored and took pictures, come on Frank fall asleep it's time to track some weather! I just laid there trying to sleep, but remained up at least till 9:35pm. So what do you do to help you fall asleep? I thought about Severe Weather Awareness Week and how I wanted to approach it to keep you aware and keep you and your family safe this storm season, you can always stay on top of the forecast right here. http://www.fox19.com/Global/category.asp?C=4217&nav=menu63_3
With that said it's worth being a little tired this morning, after I look back to this past weekend, did it not say Spring or what? Sunny skies and temperatures in the 60's it was a perfect weekend in greater Cincinnati. I joined some friends dinner sitting outdoors in Hyde Park, on Friday. On Saturday, I took Benson up to Davou Park and we enjoyed a nice stroll and saw so many families out with kids and dogs soaking up the sunshine and the warm air. It was a great walk while Benson sniffed the grass I caught up with my parents on the phone, they are getting ready to return from a few weeks in Florida so we made Easter Weekend Plans. Are you staying in town for the holiday weekend?

The highlight of the weekend was my first ever visit to Music Hall. I know, why did I not go earlier? I mean I have been in our city for almost 3 years. I have to tell you what a experience and the sound of our Symphony was just amazing. I have become a fan of classical music over the last couple of years and when you sit and listen it is hard to believe those sounds come from those instruments. One of the highlights was to here Stefan Jackiw play once again. At 24 years old, when he plays the violin you would think your hearing an entire orchestra play, the man is amazing. We had him on the FOX19 Morning News last week when he was in town, and you can listen for yourself right here: http://www.fox19.com/global/Category.aspC=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=15048&topVideoCatNoB=109491&topVideoCatNoC=104760&topVideoCatNoD=141804&topVideoCatNoE=142722
I will for sure be returning to listen to the CSO at Music Hall very soon, in fact cello master Yo-Yo Ma will play Music Hall Tuesday May 3rd 2011. It is so relaxing to sit back and clear your mind with sweet sounds in the classical surroundings of Music Hall. By the way, while I made time for culture, I also cheered for my Ohio U. Bobcats on Saturday, they lost of course, but great showing Bobcats! Have A Great Week....






1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, Frank. When I was doing a morning gig in radio, I had to be at work by 5 a.m., which meant I needed to be in bed by 9 p.m. I never did get used to going to sleep that early, and summertime was even worse because it still light at 9:30 p.m. Even when I was tired and thought I could go to sleep on time, my mind would start racing and I couldn't shut it off. Now, years later, my problem seems to be turning it on.

    ReplyDelete